Wednesday, December 23, 2020

Christmas Eve

It did not stop to rain yesterday, I had to go out to get medication from the Chemist and the roads were partially flooded. A lorry passed me going so fast the water sloshed over the car........it will be worse by now. Thankfully it has stopped now, the sun is shining, very low in the sky.

My neighbour rode to my rescue yesterday and sorted the problem with the chair.....its all up and working now and he has taken my old one to put in the tip at his work. I was so glad mind you when I sat on the chair in the fully up position, my feet did not touch the floor!! It is also more comfortable than the old one, and I do not skid off the seat.

Today is Christmas Eve, I have never felt less Christmassy in my life, I think I am getting like Victor Meldrew from the TV programme, he was a grumpy old man, I guess I am a grumpy old woman!! Mind you having been in isolation since March has not done me any favours.

As usual it will be a quiet day, will prepare the veg for tomorrow, DB has picked out programmes to watch on TV.

We will have fish for supper tonight, with fresh fruit for dessert.

My sincere wish is that everyone has as happy and peaceful Christmas as possible and I pray that 2021 will be a better year for us all.



No comments:

Post a Comment