Saturday, December 26, 2020

What a wonderful day - not

Neither of us were on top of the world yesterday, the medication The Dr gave me did not suit me, too high a dose I suspect, so very little sleep Christmas Eve into Christmas day.

We woke to a  very cold but sunny morning, did not rush to get up, but had breakfast in bed and read for a while.

We had a quiet day on the whole.



  Lunch DB had started to eat before I got a chance to take the picture, smoked salmon and cream cheese rolls on a bed of rocket and cucumber...... with a squeeze of lemon juice..... delicious. A lunch we often had at Christmas when we were living in Scotland.

 Yesterday I prepped all the veg except the parsnips and put them in bags in the fridge, so not much prep to do for supper, we had Roast turkey breast, roast potato's and parsnips, brussels and cauliflower, with gravy made from the roasting juices. Cranberry and horseradish sauce and creme brulee for dessert.


I managed to take this photograph before DB attacked it!!

So a very enjoyable supper, and it was hot, if you remember last year we ended up with cold Christmas lunch......due to timing issues, not mine I might add!!

So we settled down for an evening watching selected programmes on TV.

My thoughts went back to Christmas's when the children were still at home, there would often be 10 or 12 at the table sometimes even more. How I managed to cope I really do not know, but cope I did. It did take a long time for me to get used to cooking for 2........when the children eventually left home.

So thats Christmas 2020, one can only hope that next year is a better year all round.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment