Saturday, January 2, 2021

Brrrrr

A bright sunny morning but Brrrrrr its very cold. DB opened the back door gosh was the draught cold!!

A massive fail again this morning re getting up early. I woke at 6.30am for a toilet break, then woke at 8.45am.......we are going to have to set the alarm especially in the week.

I see the forecast is predicting another beast from the east shortly, will have to make sure we are well stocked up. I know we are getting short on meat......I am seriously considering getting a quote to have the electric run to the old coal house so I can put a small chest freezer in. It would be useful to keep meat etc in, which could be transferred to the house when needed and replaced so there is a running stock.

I was in touch with a local carpet shop, the chances of us getting a  new carpet are not good whilst we are in our present group, so it looks like we are going to have to wait, I am determined to get the room decorated though, I will just have to put up with the carpet for now, in which case it might never get done. I have a problem with mess at the best of times.........the though of having everything moved again to fit a new carpet fills me with dread. I also need a word with the decorator we were going to sleep at a neighbours but if we can I am going to utilize the spare room bed and the settee in the sitting room, or borrow a camp bed.

So life goes on a new year.......it has not started well and I doubt it will change much, we have been in isolation for almost a year now. DB gets more argumentative by the day, drives me nuts, had to throw my toys out the pram this morning.......again!!


So supper tonight, gammon, egg, tomato and fried bread, we are still eating mince pies as dessert.


No comments:

Post a Comment