Sunday, January 10, 2021

Frost again

10am and the frost is not lifting, not as bad as pervious days but bad enough. The sun broke through for all of 5 seconds and then disappeared. We had fog all day yesterday, did not clear, but obviously it did overnight or we would not have had the frost.

Yesterday the two of us stripped out the shed where the freezer is going, swept the floor and moved the pallet, found a huge number of plastic carrier bags which we will put in the recycle bin, there are a couple of decent heavier bags which I will keep for the kitchen, they do come in useful occasionally. Everything was put back and I measured the pallet to make sure it was big enough to take the freezer, the one I have chosen is especially for outbuildings etc and was cheaper than the original one I chose. Hopefully I will get the wiring and freezer for under $600.So that will take up the cash I would usually put into our savings account.

I have prepped all the veg for supper, we are having the last of the turkey with veg and stuffing balls. I am going to make a crumble for dessert with whats left over from the fruit. This coming summer I will be  able to store a lot more, got to be good. I need to get some cooking apples, there are 2 bags of blackberries in the freezer.


This is where the freezer is going.


Nice clean tidy shed, wonder how long it will last???

There is plenty of room to get past the freezer to get to the stuff in the back of the shed.

So thats about it for today, a very grey day and very cold. The heating has taken a bit of a wallop this week.





 

No comments:

Post a Comment