Thursday, September 9, 2021

Rain forecast

according to the forecast we should have had rain overnight, it obviously forgot to rain here. Its very warm and dry.

I have started to plant up cuttings from the geraniums, they will go in the greenhouse when its a bit cooler. We are starting to move the plants from the patio outside the kitchen door.

I had a better night last night, so I am not feeling quite so tired. trying to keep drinking, I am so hot!!

DB was out in the garden dittering as usual, we have decided what to do in the bit at the side of the new fence where the cold frame was, it is going to get some ground cover plants and 3 shrubs to fill the space up. I still have to tackle the new cold frame, it needs putting together.

Yesterday afternoon DB found a piece of Japanese knotweed growing between the two fences, not on our land but next door. They have reported it to the council, its their responsibility to deal with it and September is the right month to do it. It is the first sign of knotweed since we moved in, when we found 2 lots growing by the old fence. It can lie fallow for a number of years. It is so invasive it can grow through concrete. If you have it in the garden of a privately owned house, you have to declare it  should you want to put the property up for sale.

Supper tonight is chicken and rice, just for a change. I still have some chicken thighs in the freezer, I need to thaw them, bone and cook them. We have some cream to use up, so I have poached some pears in white wine.



No comments:

Post a Comment