Sunday, March 24, 2024

Back to weekly

I have decided to go back to weekly digests now we are more settled.

Our last do nothing day was yesterday, today we start a new regime DB has half an hour in the garage I have an hour in the sewing room, I hope to get it sorted this week, am fed up of having 'stuff' in our bedroom.

Load of dark laundry in, I need to get Alex to come and dig a hole for the whirly and concrete it in, its a fine morning I could peg out.

Another 8 hour sleep, fingers crossed my sleep pattern is starting to straighten its self out a bit, will see how we go tonight.

Tomorrow we need to go to Sainsbury and stock up on ding dinners, Wednesday we have a hair appointment in Hose and will stay for the coffee morning, lunch at C & C and then home. thats treat day for this week.

Its a bright morning sun shining, not been out so not sure if its cold or not.

Supper is chicken and salad, with jacket potato.

It was raining when we set out Tuesday morning to do a round trip. Returned the Lifeline to the council, the movers packed it by mistake. We then went on to hand a bag full of stuff at the Air Ambulance shop and Sainsbury. Picked up 6 days ready meals, may have one tomorrow when we get back from Hose, then home.

The rain stopped mid morning, its a bit colder than it has been, sun is out. inspected the catoneaster which is gradually over whelming the beautiful red camelia in the garden, I need to gird my loins and cut the wretched things back, there are two stone pots in that side of the garden, will be emptying the soil out of them and planting them up with some spring bedding plants. I need to get the whirly up in the garden, I could have dried the laundry outside yesterday.

Supper tonight is beef cobbler but with sliced potato rather than savory scone. carrots and cauliflower. No dessert.

The camelia from the garden at Hose.


The camelia in the garden that is almost obliterated.

Up early this morning, we had an appointment to get our hair cut, I had reversed the car in yesterday to make it a bit easier to get out this morning. I was able to do a bit of nifty driving to get round a long line of traffic waiting to get out onto Burton Road. We went the back way to Scalford and on to Hose.  We have come to an arrangement with the hairdresser that we make an appointment for a wednesday either before or after the coffee the next time we need out hair cut.  Went on to the coffee morning, quite well attended, was pleased to see J, she still has a nasty lump on her forehead.  B has decided that he is not going back to the farm, he is bringing his parents up from Devon and will be their carer along with some outside help. His hand is improving, he is waiting to hear about getting the pin out of his finger. Stopped at C & C for egg on toast before we travelled home. DB went for his siesta, I spent some time reading. DD2 called in on her way to collect little miss from school. 

It has rained on and off for most of the day, no unpacking done, back to it tomorrow, hope fully will managed to get a bit more done.

Weird thing last night , wednesday, at lunch time when I went to eat a piece of toast I got a pain shoot straight up the right side of my face. 

For a late supper we had bacon rolls I was aware that the right side of my jaw was puffy, it swelled up very quickly, into my cheek, I could not chew on that side of my mouth. An hour later it had gone down!! Its fine this morning......... Did not swell up when I had breakfast and has been ok so far.

Just after 9am a knock on the door, the window cleaner, brilliant he comes every 6 - 8 weeks and is very reasonable, he cleaned all round the frames as well as the windows.

Thursday was a bit unproductive, I did some 'finding where to put things' but that was all.

When we were coming home on Wednesday We saw T the gardener, he is going to come over for a day and have a go at the garden for us. He knows what he is doing. I will collect him and take him back. Think we might need him for 2 days.

I have decided I need to clear the machine table and get the machine up again, that way I can get rid of two bulky items. M said he was hoping to come over at the weekend, apparently he has had a very bad cold. If he can sort the shelves in the sewing room, it will not take me long then to unpack the rest. I have put the fold up bed on Gumtree to see if I can sell it. it has never been used.

Saturday was stock up day at Aldi, we left just after 9am, went to Aldi spent a mint but will only need perrishable stuff from Morrison. We then went on to The Hanger to put in more stuff for the Air Ambulance, 2 mirrors and a wall unit that had been in the kitchen. DB forgot to put the bag with the other stuff in the car, so its still sat in the sitting room. Message ffom M, he is ill suffering hopefully he will make it over next weekend.

Doubt if there will be much clearing up done in the sewing room, will see how I feel later.

Supper sausage, mash and beans for supper tonight, I made an apple and blackberry crumble yesterday so plenty left for today and tomorrow.

So Sunday, last day this week. We had our usual Sunday breakfast, 9.30 DB said he heard someone knocking, I went to the door, it was next doors gardener. I arranged for him to come back in about an hour, to have a look at the garden and see what he can do. DB has arranged for T to come over a week tomorrow and cut back all the overgrown stuff. He may not get everything done then, will arrange for another visit a bit later.

It was a fine sunny morning, I am hoping to get the whirly up, might get the gardener to bash the socket in as a temporary measure until GGS can come to dig the hole, on the other hand might get T to do it whilst he is over, he loves to dig a hole.......

I might tackle a bit more of the sewing room later. I have found the box with the vases etc in, so can get them up on the shelves and some weight on the bottom to make sure they are weighted down. I must get the cutting table in, I can then clear boxes etc and get the stuff ready to go in the attic. I just cannot wait to  get everything straight, and be able to relax a bit.

There is not school run for 2 weeks over the easter break, a few days half term in May and then 7 weeks over the summer break. The wihte car I complained about is back. I am sure she goes into town, the car is often there all day, will see what happens over this holiday.

Prepped supper, roast lamb, potato's cauli and carrots, we have the crumble to finish off fer dessert.


 

1 comment:

  1. What a lot of news! I'm glad your area of usual driving takes you back so you can attend the coffee mornings as they are so enjoyable!
    Wishing you well as you get the house in shape and the garden tidied and growing. Good luck selling what you want to sell and finding a place for the rest!
    How odd that your cheek swelled and so quickly was back to normal. Do you suppose you were bitten by something tiny?
    May the coming week see the whirley installed and other tasks begun if not finished!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete