Saturday, March 30, 2024

Monday again

Bed change day, cleaner came early so we sorted the bed and she then went on to do all the cleaning, I have to admit she is very through and quick. She used the steam mop to do the bathroom and kitchen floors. Had to dry the sheets in the dryer, I have not managed to get the whirly up as yet. We had several rain showers during the day.

I managed to sort out some shrubs for the front garden, I am not spending a lot on the garden, been caught that way before.

Supper was cold lamb left from yesterday, jacket spud and salad. Lemon cheese cake for dessert.

Tomorrow we hope to get the bed out of the sewing room and the  cutting table in about time too. Then it will be crates and machine boxes in the attic out of the way.

I have an idea for my first project once I get the big machine up and running.......watch this space.

Tuesday we managed to get the legs back on the table and move it back into the sewing room, the fold up bed is now in the sitting room awaiting collection. I now need to sort out the last 2 boxes, put things back on the shelves and at last free the machine from it bag and get it back on the table.

It was a fine but rather cold day. Did another load of washing, had to dry it in the dryer, will be glad to get the whirly up so I can hang stuff out to dry, save a bit of electric.

DB spent some time in the garage sorting stuff out, he still has not found the circut breaker so I have sent for a new one. I have also sent for some filters for the extractor in the kitchen.

Supper was egg, chips and beans. DB had the remaining cheese cake.

Wednesday morning we went on a town trip. First to draw some cash and then to Morrison to see what plants they had. Selection was dire and a lot of them were either dying or dead.  Did get a couple. We then went on to the hanger to put stuff in, had to wait age. From there we went next door to QD. I bought 6 new pairs of socks, we also bought some plants, I was miffed, I had ordered one plant from Parkers, I could have bought one half the price in QD!! Came on home for lunch, just beating a downpour, it's very windy too which makes it feel cold. 

DD2 and GGD came for an hour this afternoon. 

Unpacking is still going on, I need to sort it before the weekend, hoping to get shelves up then I can finish sorting the  sewing room out and get the machine up.

Supper tonight is lasagne. No dessert.

Maundy Thursday, a bright start to the day, including our pensions landing 4 days early. Morrison came with a delivery and we high tailed it down to the surgery to try and get ourselves on a Drs list somewhere. There has been so much building on the outskirts of the town, the surgery is over subscribed. A second surgery has past the first stage of getting permission, finding a suitable building, part of the council offices which has a huge carpark. One of the main problems with the present surgery is a miniscule car park. We have to park in Morrisons car park.

Fold up bed collected and lady came to pick up the hooping station, so I am in the money again, not for long though,

Supper was beef casserole, mash and mixed veg. We had a donut each with our evening drink. Friday tomorrow.

Good Friday, a Bank Holiday here, started off sunny but boy the wind is cold.

DB went out to mess about in the garage, I decided to cook the belly pork for tomorrow, will leave it in the fridge overnight and then freeze half of it.

I still have to tackle the sewing room, I am going to put all the stuff that goes on the shelves into a plastic bin till I have the shelves up, that means I can get the machine up and the cutting table sorted. I have found a lady in Melton who does machine embroidery, she bought the hooping station yesterday. We plan to keep in touch.

Supper tonight, fish and chips, I have 2 stale currant buns am going to make them into a bread and butter pudding for dessert.

So this morning I set out to finally sort out the sewing room. After a discussion with DB I decided to move the smaller of the two bookcases over next to the machine table. After a bit of a struggle I am getting there.

Nice sunny morning but still cold, we had very heavy and prolonged showers last evening, lovely rainbow in the sky.

DB spent some time in the garden moving stuff around. I cooked a gammon joint we will have some for supper tomorrow and I will slice the rest for meals or sandwiches.

Supper tonight is belly pork casserole and pilu rice. The rest of the bread and butter pudding for dessert.

1 comment:

  1. What wonderful accomplishments happend this week and that's got to delight you. You're so close to being able to sstart your new project so hope you can do that soon.
    We've had aoff and on rain today and I dyed hard boiled eggs as I do every year. It's fun to see rainblqw eggs in the fridge at leaset for a short time!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete