Wednesday, August 31, 2022

Last day

of August, time flies by, it has been a very hot month weatherwise and we are now suffering with hosepipe bans as well as sky high prices for gas and electricity this winter, can it get any worse? I really hope not.

Our postmen are on strike again. I was going to make the large runner and enter the set in the local show on Sunday, but the fabric I need has not arrived so it will be just three that go in. I am not killing myself to get the big one done when the fabric comes, it will only result in me making a mess, if I hurry to try and get it done!!

Yetserday I cooked 3 packs of pork belly into pork casserole, there are two servings in the freezer and one for tonight.  Laundry dried on the line, waiting for S to bring back the ironing she collected last week. She does a really goos job, my back really appreciates it!!

I bought a new printer some time ago, its driving me nuts cannot get it to print something I want.......wish I had just got a bog standard simple printer instead of a 'do it all' one. I do not seem to have much luck with printers, heaven knows why.

Its sunny, but there is a chill in the air, Autumn is coming, seasons of mists and mellow fruitfulness, as the poet put it. I will not complain if it rains, we really need it.

So tonight, pork casserole, mash cauliflower and carrots. We finished the jelly last night, so migh just have ice crem for dessert.


No comments:

Post a Comment